Updated: Jul 29, 2020
Basic Church Information
Church Website: https://tooelesprings.org/
Address: 47 N. Main Street, Tooele, Utah 84074
Phone #: 435-962-9427
Online Services: https://tooelesprings.org/index.php/messages
Last time we sent our questions to this church, they declined to answer them. I am currently waiting to see if they are willing to answer them with our new format.
1. What is your church's official position on tithing?
I couldn’t find anything tithing or giving related on the website with the exception of their giving page which allows people to give to their church. There is no compelling people to give by using the Bible or anything like that, but this doesn’t necessarily mean that this church doesn’t pressure giving or even require it of members. We will just have to check this church in person to find out more about this topic.
2. Does your church have a particular set of rules or requirements that members must follow or abide by in order to retain their membership status with the church?
This is another issue that will require a closer look to find the answer. There is nothing on the website to suggest that they have a membership class, requirements, or a membership agreement of some kind. At the same time, Calvary Chapel SLC’s website doesn’t indicate anything like this either, and yet they do have a membership class.
We’ll just have to make this church a priority for physical checking once we’re in the area.
3. Are you transparent with your church's financial information? How much does your church bring in through donations and tithing, and how is that money distributed?
We don't see anything online to indicate financial transparency. We will have to speak to someone directly at the church to find out for sure. We await their response and will update this review once we have it.
4. Which denomination does your church align with the most, if any?
This is a Calvary Chapel. While CC doesn’t come off as a typical denomination and rather presents itself as a group or fellowship of churches, there is a statement of faith that they must be in harmony with in addition to several other standards in order to be considered a Calvary Chapel.
5. Is your church's pastor available for other questions or comments regarding the church, its doctrines, etc.?