Updated: Sep 7
Basic Church Information
Church Name: One Place Church
Senior/Lead Pastor: (Christopher) Pace Hartfield
Address: 190 W Centa Dr, Hayden, ID 83835
Denomination: Non-Denominational / Charismatic (see Question #4)
Preaching Style: Topical
Membership Requirements: Unknown
Tithes/Compelled Giving: Yes
Financial Transparency: No
Answered Questionnaire: No
Online Services: http://live.oneplacechurch.com/
Affiliations: ARC, Open Arms, Union Gospel Mission, The A21 Campaign, C3 Global
Red Flags: One Place Church is affiliated with both Levi Lusko of Fresh Life Church and ARC, which is a church planting organization with a troubling lead team, including Casey Treat, Chris Hodges, and Dino Rizzo, among others.
One Place has ignored our questions since the beginning. I've found Pastor Pace on Twitter and asked him to answer our questions by Messaging me there.
1. What is your church's official position on tithing?
This church teaches that tithing is for Christians. Their Give page states the following:
"A tithe—which just means “tenth”—is defined as the first 10% of a person’s income that is to be given back to the local church. Tithing is a principle that is taught throughout the entire Bible..."
2. Does your church have official memberships, and if so, does it include a membership agreement or contract?
While we don't see whether One Place has an official membership contract, they do have something called "Base Camp." Whether that includes signing up for church membership has yet to be seen.
3. Is your church financially transparent or accountable to either the local church, a third party (such as the ECFA), or the universal church/public?
Since One Place Church declined to answer our questions, we have to put them down as a 'no' for financial transparency. The members and former members we've spoken to from this church are unaware of any kind of accountability measures or transparency as well. They are not a member with the ECFA or GuideStar.
4. Which denomination does your church align with, if any at all?
While Google lists One Place simply as a Christian church and their Facebook Page says they are Evangelical, they are affiliated with C3 Global, which is a Charismatic organization.
5. Is the church's pastor available for questions or comments regarding the church's doctrines or policies?
I haven't been able to get anyone with this church to respond to my emails or Facebook messages. I have to answer 'no' here.
6. Is your church tolerant and accepting of differing non-essential doctrinal views, such as differences in eschatology or ecclesiology?
We don't know this until we can get someone to answer our questions from the church.
7. Does your church require its members to be baptized?
WIthout knowing the details of this church's Base Camp or Membership guidelines, we can't answer this question with full knowledge. We do, however, see that they have have a Baptism page on their website. That language does not suggest they require baptism at the church, but rather offer it to those interested.
8. Please describe what a typical service and/or meeting looks like at your church.
This church's website offers no information on what their services are like. I've attended this church personally, however. Services begin with worship, which when I attended was extremely loud. If you prefer quiet hymns and simple piano accompaniment, this is not the church for you. Songs are borrowed and unique creations of contemporary Christian pop music. Sermons begin with a call to "tithe", announcements, and a topical sermon.
9. How many people do you have on staff at your church, both paid and volunteer?
The church staff is not listed on the church website. It only shows Pastor Pace and information on his family.
10. What is your/the pastor's educational background?
Pace's Facebook Page says that he studied at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and Union University, but lists no degrees
11. How does the church discipline its members with sin? Does the church have a discipline policy or official protocol?
We don't see any information regarding the church's Base Camp, so until we can attend one and ask about the sin discipline policy, we don't have an answer to this question.
12. How is the pastor compensated (income, bonuses, benefits, etc...) and how is that compensation established (Ex: board of elders, church vote, etc..)?
Another question we'll have to dig for the answer. Since we've been completely stonewalled by this church, we have no information on the pastor's salary.
13. What is the size of your congregation and any space or buildings used for church services or meetings?
One Place currently has about 1,875 followers on Facebook. Based on previous confirmed numbers at other churches, they probably have about 300-500 regular attendees or members.
As far as building size goes, it appears One Place is renting out space in a Hayden Strip Mall. The interior when I visited didn't seem very big compared to many other popular churches. As far as exact size, we don't have an answer yet.
14. What is the pastor’s ministerial work history? Have they been the pastor of or on the leadership staff at any other church? Please list their past ministry work and their reasons for leaving those ministries.
While Pace's Facebook Page lists that he was formerly with Fellowship Church in Grapevine, Texas, I've also read reports from former members of Together Church in Yakima, Washington that he also worked there on the staff with Micahn Carter. That information was on a website called Megachurch Exploitation and detailed the events surrounding Micahn's resignation, but has since been scrubbed from the internet.
We did find, however, that Kevin Gerald, the new Lead Pastor of Champions Centre (formerly Together Church) in Yakima, is on the initial "Board of Directors" for One Place Church. So is Levi Lusko of Fresh Life Church. This information is available on the public Business License for One Place Church. A copy is below.