Updated: Jul 29, 2020
Basic Church Information
Church Website: https://centerpointutah.org/home
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/centerpointutah
Address: 1550 Sandhill Road Orem, Utah
Phone: (801) 225-3038
Sermons & Services: https://centerpointutah.org/watch
CenterPoint Church stonewalled our Questionnaire last year the first time we reached out to them. Now that we've updated our review format, we've resubmitted our questions to the church in the hopes that they will answer them this time around. Below are the answers we've been able to find on our own.
1. What is your church's official position on tithing?
The last time we checked this church they had a video on their Give page that pressured giving and one of the sermons we listened to pressured giving, but the video is gone now, as well as the Scripture being used to pressure giving. If anyone knows of any sermons wherein the church preaches or teaches tithing, please contact us or tell us about it in the comments below.
2. Does your church have a particular set of rules or requirements that members must follow or abide by in order to retain their membership status with the church?
While we don't see anything online that shows this church has any membership requirements or contracts, they do have a "Starting Point" class for new attendees, which sometimes means the church has a membership. Until we can get someone into this class or get someone from the church to answer our questions, we don't know this for sure.
3. Are you transparent with your church's financial information? How much does your church bring in through donations and tithing, and how is that money distributed? What do your profit on average?
We don't see anything on the church's website or online presence to suggest that they are financially transparent. Until someone from the church can answer this question for us, we don't know the answer to this for sure.
4. Which denomination does your church align with the most, if any?
Google has this church listed as an Evangelical church.
5. Is your church's pastor available for other questions or comments regarding the church, its doctrines, etc.?
Since this church has stonewalled